Tuesday to Sunday 10.00 - 17.00.
We are closed on the following days:
- 1 January
- 27 April
- 3 October from 13:00 (free admission 10:00 - 13:00)
- 25 December
- Adults €12.50
- Free admission for: children and youths up to 18 years, Museumkaart, Vriendenvereniging VBL, Lucas van Leyden Mecenaat, American Friends of Museum De Lakenhal, Vereniging Rembrandt, ICOM, VriendenLoterij VIP and Lakenhal student bag (which you got for example at EL CID or OWL).
- In line with national measures concerning the coronavirus, a group visit of 15 people or more is unfortunately not possible at the moment. Keep an eye on the page about group visits for the latest information.
ADDRESS AND ROUTE
Oude Singel 32
2312 RA Leiden
Museum De Lakenhal is a 10-minute walk from Leiden Central Station. Plan your route via Google Maps.
- The closest parking garage is Lammermarkt (Lammermarkt 20P, 2312 CW Leiden).
- You can park here as a museum visitor for €2 per hour instead of €3.10 per hour (with a minimum of 3 hours).
- Book your parking ticket.
- Select your date and start time and estimate how many hours you will be staying. Will you be staying longer? You can pay extra in the parking garage.
- There are no exit tickets for sale at the museum ticket counter.
In front of the museum there is a parking area adapted for people with a disabled card. See here more information about the accessibility of Museum De Lakenhal.
DURING YOUR VISIT
Extra measures concerning corona when the museums reopen
We ask you not to visit the museum if you have a cold. We make sure that everyone keeps 1.5 metres distance and that contact points are cleaned extra often. Showing a corona admission ticket is mandatory. Read more about the corona measures.
There is a lot to do in and around the museum. Please check the activity list to see what is on offer.
Experience Museum De Lakenhal with the L@kenhal app. Before, during and after your visit, you will find stories about our collection and more in-depth information about the works of art in the app. The app can be downloaded for free for iOS or Android. Unfortunately, you cannot borrow a headset or device temporarily.
Less than half a minute. That is how long museum visitors look at a work of art on average. Would you like to know how long it takes to look at objects in the museum? At the ticket counter you can obtain a card with viewing tips, including a small drawing assignment, developed in collaboration with art editor Wieteke van Zeil. Because he who draws, sees more... Or at home already dive into an extensive version of the tips.
In the presentation of the collection there are 13 unique drawers, which have been specially equipped with interactive tasks for families with children from 6 years of age in cooperation with Familiemuseums. The accompanying Family Trail can be picked up free of charge at the box office. For an overview of other future activities especially for families, please refer to the Activities Overview. In addition, we have put together some tips for a visit to the museum with the whole family for you.
The museum shop is located in the entrance area. The shop is the perfect place to find exclusive gifts, books or a souvenir of your visit. You can pay only with pin.
Café Laken is open. Read more about the café and the menu.
Museum De Lakenhal is accessible for visitors with special needs. Read more about the accessibility of the building and the facilities offered.